Is Your Website Mobile User-Friendly?
Written by: Advantage IM
November 19, 2019
Most consumers in 2019 use their mobile phones to perform online searches, shop, and access social media, and this isn’t something that’s likely to change in 2020. Your website might look flawless on a desktop computer, but if it isn’t optimized for mobile devices, you could be missing out on hundreds of potential customers and conversions. It’s true that there are plenty of websites that have desktop versions that look fine when viewed in a mobile browser, but it isn’t safe to automatically assume yours is one of them.
The Problems Your Potential Customers Could Be Experiencing
If your website isn’t optimized for mobile users, you could be providing a less-than-ideal experience for potential customers who view your website from their smartphones. Some of the issues that consumers face when they navigate to a website that hasn’t been adapted properly to work well on a mobile device are:
- Links that aren’t clickable
- Hidden information
- Missing images
- Illegible text (due to size and formatting issues)
- Slow load times
- Content not fully visible without zooming in or out
- Unclickable call-to-action buttons
- Lengthy contact or consultation request forms
Any of these issues, or a combination of them, can instantly send your website visitors away from your page in search of one that provides them a smoother and simpler mobile experience. This means fewer conversions for you and more leads for your competition.
How to Create a Flawless Mobile User Experience (UX)
The process of making your website easy to navigate and attractive to look at on mobile devices involves a bit more technical work than just clicking a few buttons. However, there are fundamental ways that a professional web designer can give your website a more responsive design that will keep you from losing leads and, ultimately, help you to gain more customers through your website.
Transforming your desktop site into one that provides a perfect mobile experience will include:
- Ensuring the same vital content is delivered on both desktop and mobile versions of your website.
- Preventing the need for your website visitors to use horizontal scrolling.
- Being fully optimized for touch (i.e. making clickable elements on your website large enough for finger touches).
- Formatting text and content so that it is legible and visible on all shapes and sizes of different mobile devices.
- Having an optimized menu that doesn’t overwhelm the screen and has easily-clickable options.
Provide a Better User Experience with Mobile Optimization by the Pros
At Advantage Internet Marketing, we’re experts in the business of designing and developing websites that look their best on desktop, mobile, and tablet devices. Whether you need your current website optimized for mobile or you’re looking for a complete website redesign that is more in-tune with modern styles and technologies, our team of web design and online marketing professionals are here to help. Contact us today to get started!